Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for a talented Principal, Integration Engineer with the ability to bring up and characterize custom CMOS chips as well as design, build, and program hardware for controlling the ASIC. This individual will also be responsible for designing, building, programming and testing experimental setups for other team members to use. Creativity and working both independently and as part of a team will be required to be successful. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a data-driven multidisciplinary environment and will interface with chemistry, engineering, silicon, and data analysis teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing algorithms and methodologies for bring-up and characterization of custom integrated CMOS devices
- Designing, building, and programming hardware for control and testing of prototype CMOS devices
- Analyzing data using statistical methods to characterize performance of devices
- Building experimental rigs for team members
- Prototyping and assembly of amplifier, and DAQ interface boards
- Developing internal data analysis pipelines and web-based visualization tools with python/flask/docker/AWS or similar
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Ph.D. in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field with at least 5 years of industrial experience
- Ability to rapidly bring up and characterize CMOS devices
- Ability to design, build, program and test experimental rigs and setups
- Ability to design, build, and program hardware for control and testing of prototype CMOS devices
- Ability to build and program control systems in python, labVIEW or other
- Out of the box thinking with ability to work independently or in a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in microfluidics and building and programing microfluidic control modules
- Knowledge of physical chemistry principles
- Knowledge of nucleic acids chemistry
- Some experience with optics and microscopy
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.