The Customer and Technical Support Specialist, interfaces with and supports internal and external customers managing the process of order fulfillment and service operations. In the role, the individual builds strong relationships with customers and serves as a coordinator between customers and cross-functional groups across the company. The position will support all of Twist’s current product lines including both Synthetic Biology and NGS products.
- Creates and validates sales orders.
- Ensures internal data tracking systems are up to date.
- Handles product and order inquiries via email and chat with internal and external customers to provide direction or solution.
- Provides information to assist customers in making a decision about which product to buy.
- Provides service to field commercial team creating quotes, inputting information and dealing with any questions/issues.
- Works to resolve product or service problems through:
- identifying the cause of the problem
- collaborating with the broader team as necessary to create and present solutions to the customer
- following up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Collaborates with internal and commercial teams to drive on time fulfillment of orders and resolution of issues to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provides proactive status updates for designated accounts or orders in an agreed format.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of projects currently in the operations queue and provides updates to stakeholders on progress as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of B.S. in life science, biochemistry, molecular biology.
- 3 + years of customer support experience in a Life Science Service Organization with strong focus on DNA would be ideal, but is not mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and a second language (preferably French)
- Demonstrated ability to be able to collaborate with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite; experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals, and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.