At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We are building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us! To add to our growth, we are seeking an Accountant to contribute their expertise to our finance team. The position will report to our Accounting Manager. This is a hands-on position that will interface daily with internal departments and our leadership team. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in financial accounting, has worked in fast-paced environment, is adaptable to change, and is capable of helping to create and operate controlled scalable processes.
- Responsible for accurate and timely transaction processing and accounting for expense reporting, cash and banking, payroll, fixed assets, sales commissions, general accounting transactions, and journal entries.
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closing process, preparing journal entries, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, trend and account analysis for internal distribution.
- Responsible for performing monthly bank reconciliations, ensuring timely and accurate booking of all cash transactions
- Record accrued liabilities and perform cutoff procedures
- Maintain fixed asset accounting records
- Maintain and develop accounting process documentation such as process flowcharts and narratives
- Assist in administering current controls and processes, and make recommendations for process improvement projects
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data from various sources such SAP, CRM bank data, etc.
- Assist in annual audits, preparing audit schedules, other audit requests and interacting directly with external audit staff
- Reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate technical accounting conclusions
- Comply with a high level of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care
- This role will start in San Francisco and then move to our South San Francisco office (~April, 2020)
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent, with strong US GAAP knowledge.
- CPA and accounting experience preferred
- Track record of successful experience of 2-4 years working in the accounting/reporting field, preferably with a recognized accounting firm
- Proven experience working in a hands-on role in the day-to-day operation of the accounting department
- Thorough and detail oriented, able to perform effective self-reviews of all work produced
- Must be highly reliable with an ability to work with independence
- Must be able to take the initiative on projects and tasks, and work proactively with business partners to achieve results
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate financial concepts and/or analytical findings
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- SAP ERP knowledge will be a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.