We are looking for an outstanding engineer to join our Synthetic DNA development team. As a member of the process engineering team, your primary responsibility will be to develop novel hardware, assays and processes necessary for the production of Synthetic DNA for research and diagnostic applications. You will be responsible for inventing, developing and managing the automated robotic handling of liquids, cells and DNA in a miniaturized format.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing and building robotic automation platforms for end to end oligo and DNA synthesis
- Mastery of a range of scientific instruments and tools with a focus on laboratory automation systems, cross-integration systems, and next generation of DNA synthesizers
- Ownership of design, development and implementation of projects and systems
- Lead process validation, prepare documentation, and train instrument operators
- Technology transfer from R&D to production
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team of biologists, chemists, data scientists and engineers to develop requirements for new processes and accordingly, design hardware, and scalable process workflows
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field & 5+ years relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience with performing verification and testing on mechanical, electrical, fluidic, and optical systems and liquid handlers
- Experience in designing and writing scripts using control software or dynamic scheduling software native to laboratory automation systems and cross-integration systems
- Experience with sample tracking software and developed interfaces between robotic instrumentation and LIM systems
- Excellent scientific computation and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills, very organized and ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Experience with biology instrumentation used for PCR, cell-based cloning, DNA extraction and purification
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.