As a LIMS Project Analyst of the Process Development team, the candidate will:
- Define product workflows, communicate between software development teams and software users, write software requirements with occasional mockups, remove blockers and facilitate efficient development.
- Provide critical insights into lab processes for software design and development teams that enable scalable manufacturing operations.
- Manage development, testing, and transfer of new lab software projects to users.
- Interact cross functionally with internal teams to provide expertise and understanding of LIMS to help shape the requirements of complex projects.
- Communicate technical details and completion timelines to coordinate releases with minimal impact to Operations.
- Come from a lab background and will be eager to apply their Biology or Process engineering background to visualize and develop new features for LIMS systems.
- Work with lab teams to understand end-to-end production workflows including lab processes, relevant software, and database structure.
- Translate lab, inventory, and shipping processes into clearly written flow diagrams, technical product requirement documents, and execution plans to drive software development.
- Act as an internal software subject matter expert to provide guidance to stakeholders and create a shared understanding among business and technical teams and uncover non-obvious needs.
- Coordinate with multiple teams and report on software launch timelines.
- Write lab software test and validation plans for ISO documentation and run or assist in lab software validations.
- Train team leads on new lab software and coordinate lab software releases with software teams and team leads.
- Work with teams to define post-release issues and work with internal software teams to resolve.
- Incorporate quality into product design, and work closely with development and software quality assurance teams on product and process improvements.
- Organize own workload and work closely with leadership to ensure own workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines.
- Effectively determine when to escalate open questions, issues, and risks
- Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution
- 2+ years of scientific development and technical transfer; Bioinformatics background preferred
- 2+ years of technical lab software project management
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- B.S. or higher in Life Science or Engineering field with relevant software product management experience
- Experience with workflow mapping and requirement writing for software teams
- In-depth knowledge of MES/LIMS internals and pitfalls
- Problem solving skills and ability to be hands-on when needed
- Detail oriented and highly organized; capable of working on multiple projects at a time
- Experience with releases in a controlled environment (ISO, CLIA, e.g.) including system validation, integration testing, and testing documentation
- Strong communication and documentation skills including the ability to tailor the same content to multiple audiences.
- Experience with deployments from start to finish and beyond; proven track record of successful software releases including validation, user training, post-release issue definition and resolution.
- Organizes own workload and works closely with leadership to ensure workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines; Operates with a sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills.
- Nice to have: Understanding of database design and SQL queries
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.