The Key Accounts Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of customer relationship management for the NGS custom products and services business within Twist Bioscience for a portfolio of major accounts. Specifically, this position will support major accounts who buy Twist’s products for generating DNA libraries for Next Generation DNA Sequencing and Target Enrichment. The work includes providing customer support to key accounts including coordinating key account service projects and handling all phases of customer communications required for custom services projects. The overall objective of this role is to help the sales team win and maintain important U.S. customers.
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming inquiries for your portfolio of major accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Support, and R&D to help prioritize and advocate for product and service delivery to key accounts.
- Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all customer inquiries, including pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, and support requests.
- Collect customer requirements for services execution.
- Provide updates on project progress at agreed intervals to customers.
- Prepare quotes for services after collecting customer requirements.
- Work with the services teams to collect costing for proposed services as part of quote preparation.
- Manage communication between customers and the internal team providing world-class customer experience.
- General knowledge of molecular biology and NGS workflows.
- Participate in training the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate.
- Offer white glove service and perform business reviews with your Key Accounts.
- Manage services capacity for customer satisfaction and business goals.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have experience supporting accounts with concierge service (white glove service), meticulous to details, can do attitude, and strong business acumen.
- Understanding of services offering and customer workflows that the services offerings address.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, internal operations and sales teams.
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that meet customer expectations.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or a related field, with >4 years in a customer facing role.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related Life Science. Advanced degree and/or hands-on laboratory experience a bonus.
- Preferred but not required: knowledge of enrichment techniques with several years of hands-on experience preparing DNA libraries for sequencing in research lab setting and/or experience with target enrichment or NGS data analysis.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- High energy, positive attitude with a can-do attitude that gets it done.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite; experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.