Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding QA Associate to join our Operations Team. The QA Associate will perform finished product inspection and assist with shipping. This role may also involve incoming raw material inspection. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Assist with:
- Writing work instructions and procedures
- Document control
- Materials management
- Change management
- Corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) management
- Ensure training records are up to date
- Identify and implement process improvements, as necessary
- Ensure manufacturing equipment maintenance is performed and recorded.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are followed and are appropriate for process operations.
- Perform risk analysis
- Perform effectiveness checks of completed corrective and preventive actions, as needed
- Ensure compliance with company quality systems, and other company policies
- Prepare for and participates in compliance audits
EXPERIENCE AND CRITICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Biology Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering or a closely-related field or equivalent work experience
- Between 2-4 years of relevant industrial experience in quality assurance.
- Knowledge of quality standards (ISO 9001, ISO 13485)
- Preferably familiar with:
- Google Suite – mail, docs, drive, sheets
- Atlassian- Confluence, JIRA
- Microsoft- word, excel
- Experience in preparing for or participating in compliance audits and/or inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire for problem solving and decision making in a cross-functional team setting.
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excels in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to establish collaborative working relationships; team-oriented, but able to work independently
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.