Reporting to the Senior Manager of Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) Sales, North America, this role is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth in North America for the NGS product portfolio of Twist Bioscience. (S)he is accountable for delivering accurate regional revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. (S)he is required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time-bound manner. (S)he is also accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets for NGS products and services, driving individual performance and the results of their team.
- Implement hiring and training plans serving the NGS product portfolio.
- Implement sales strategy and tactics driving the growth of the NGS product portfolio.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts.
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback, and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Manage the North America NGS regional sales team performance and achievement of goals.
- Support the ongoing growth and development of NGS team members to ensure they are equipped with the tools and knowledge for Sales success.
- Travel ~50% domestically in US; limited international travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- At least 5 years of experience of selling NGS-focused products, in particular products for target enrichment applications.
- Knowledge of the evolving NGS market is essential.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of NGS applications.
- A background in technical sales and support and/or product management is preferred.
- Application and experience in the use of CRMs (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated drive, determination, and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in NGS applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership in driving performance of peers and subordinates.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change-oriented environment.
- Proven coaching, mentoring, team-building and leadership skills.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four-year college or university preferred in Biology or a similar field.
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.