Job opportunity: Operations Architect - DevOps
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Using our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform, our customers are changing the world for the better. Our software R&D center, located in Tel Aviv, is building the software tools to enable our customers to design and test DNA code into solutions that may improve healthcare and the sustainability of the planet.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of customers who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, by using our synthetic DNA tools, our customers are developing ways to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. We are a leading and rapidly growing synthetic biology company that has developed a disruptive DNA synthesis platform to industrialize the engineering of biology. The core of our platform is a proprietary technology that pioneers a new method of manufacturing synthetic DNA by “writing” DNA on a silicon chip.
At the Tel Aviv R&D center, we are building the software tools that enable genetic engineers to design and edit biological code. Consider DNA as the “machine code” of life, we build the IDE to design, compile and debug it.
We are looking for…
A developer that has the passion for the DevOps world. Our stack is based on k8s that runs on AWS. For our CI/CD process we use Drone and Helm. Monitoring and logging is done using Prometheus & ELK. We are developing our products with Python, Ruby, Node JS and more.
Responsibilities will include:
- Influencing on defining development processes and methodologies
- Finding and implementing the next cool thing in the operations world
- Support a production grade environment that manufactures DNA
- Collaborate with our San Francisco team and visit once in a while
- Develop in-house tools
- 2+ years working in the operations world
- 2+ years working as a software developer
- Proficiency in the following:
- Administering AWS
- Building orchestrated stacks
- Managing CI/CD processes
- Developing web applications