Twist Bioscience is looking for an outstanding candidate to manage Twist’s facilities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for management of Twist’s facilities in the San Francisco Bay area, as well as provide support for Twist Facilities in other locations worldwide. This includes maintaining and supporting CGMP and ISO certified production facilities. This is a growth position; that is, candidate is expected to set objectives and goals and grow the facilities organization as needed.
- Primary point of contact for all facilities related issues in San Francisco and South San Francisco, acting as liaison to property management, contractors, and Twist personnel.
- Primary responsibility for EH&S, including management of chemical inventory and working with outside consultants and agencies to be in compliance with all relevant codes. Interface with various managers to maintain safe working conditions in labs and common spaces.
- Monitor and maintain building functions, including lighting, HVAC, backup power, life safety, and all other building support functions, working closely with outside facilities engineers as necessary
- Manage janitorial services at all local facilities
- Responsible for proactively keeping facilities neat, clean and organized
- Responsible for ordering snacks and drinks for breakrooms, and managing porter service to keep breakrooms stocked and clean
- Work with Supply Chain to manage moves, offsite storage and other logistics functions
- Work with Supply Chain to obtain contract bids, negotiating contracts and pricing as necessary
- Work closely and cooperatively with Engineering and Operations Departments to maintain and PM all lab support hardware; for example, vacuum, clean dry air, and UPS
- Interface with Federal, State, County, and City agencies as required for ongoing operations
- Oversee facility planning, design, and execution, including reconfiguration and expansion
- Hiring and management of other facilities personnel as we grow
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in similar function
- 10+ years of facilities management experience
- EH&S management experience
- Prior experience in Biotech desired, ideally with GMP and ISO experience
- Demonstrated success in maintaining similar size and function facilities (approximately 80,000+ square feet, 50% lab, 50% office), including build-outs, moves, renovations, and reconfigurations
- Capability to communicate with all levels of employees and outside vendors and contractors
- Demonstrated strong collaborative skills
- Strong oral, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Well organized and stays on schedule, able to function under pressure in a rapidly changing environment, emphasis on quality
- Experience with tools and simple mechanical, plumbing and electrical work. Able to complete such work in a workman like manner. Able to supervise trades as necessary.
- Able to lift and move up to 70 lbs., ideally forklift certified and experienced working with rigging companies to move heavy, expensive, and delicate equipment safely
- Experience maintaining autoclaves, laboratory dishwashers, DI systems, CDA, vacuum and other laboratory systems
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.