About the job:
Twilio's customers send millions of communications every day. These communications are a firehose of micro-transactions, processed at a fraction of a penny at a time, millions of events per second. As a pay-as-you-go service, it's critical to both external and internal customers that we bill transactions in a timely and accurate manner. As a shared platform within Twilio, we have a responsibility to ensure that our systems can quickly and easily scale to support new products, 3rd-party integrations and new use-cases. As a member of the Billing Platform team, you'll have an opportunity to take on some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, data persistence, and more.
- Develop high-quality, reusable and scalable code that can be shared across multiple departments who wish to leverage the development work we have completed
- Have a passion for building user interfaces and building good user workflows
- Ability to work with a fast paced environment
- Contribute to and receive code review from peers
- Work directly with stakeholders for requirements gathering and development goals
- Work closely with our backend engineers and UI/UX designer to bring those requirements to completion
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, CE or similar field, or related work experience
- 4+ years development experience working with modern web technology stack
- Strong CSS skills, experience working with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, LESS, etc.)
- Experience developing a single-page application
- Experience with CSS/JS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience working with web sockets (Sock.io)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Python experience preferred
- Significant experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST