See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next IT Compliance Lead
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This role reports to the Director, IT Governance and will play a crucial role in scaling and maturing our IT compliance program. You are the right person for the role if you believe in the importance of risk-optimized IT controls and processes and can collaborate across various teams at Twilio to implement, monitor & improve them.
In this role, you’ll:
- Regularly collaborate with subject matter experts (SME), business partners, and management to create & evaluate IT controls, develop remediation and mitigation plans, document policy waivers or exceptions, and track progress towards issue closure.
- Drive governance & compliance control requirements with key partners (Corporate IT, Security, Internal Audit, Privacy and R&D teams).
- Monitor external compliance / regulatory environments for changes needed to be applied to our IT systems
- Manage IT risks throughout their lifecycle as part of our enterprise risk management program.
- Review and work with SMEs to document internal policies, industry standards, and relevant regulations and understand how they apply within the organization
- Lead IT issue documentation and reporting.
- Perform IT process walkthroughs, controls testing, document results, and provide detailed updates to leadership.
- Ensure the completion of various control activities by partnering with control owners throughout the organization
- Perform ad hoc audits & special projects in support of overall risk management.
- Serve as a point of contact with both internal and external audit teams to ensure requests are routed to the appropriate group and completed in a timely manner.
- Develop reports and dashboards to support the Compliance & Governance program
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of governance, audit, compliance, risk, and / or security experience
- Experience in a governance or regulatory compliance environment related across industries and geographies including S-Ox (and others is a plus! PCI, COBIT, SOC, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience developing, championing, and managing internal compliance programs.
- Technical knowledge of technology controls in various IT environments (SaaS-heavy) and management of those controls in a GRC solution / tool
- Analytical thinker who is highly organized and pays close attention to detail.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting / Audit, or a related technical field required.
- Ability to review existing processes, identify potential improvements & work with the appropriate stakeholders to drive efficiencies
- Lead collaboration with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders - strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in an existing control / process and drive change
- Experience with Okta, Workday, Oracle, ServiceNow, and home-grown applications is a plus
- Experience in IGA tools (ex: Sailpoint or similar)
- Practical experience with process improvement frameworks is a plus (ex: Six Sigma or other)
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Prior internal or external audit experience
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $120,160 - $150,200
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $127,280 - $159,100
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $141,360 - $176,700
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.