See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Compensation Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The person in this role will drive compensation programs, policies and practices that enable the business and further our commitment to pay equity. This role will report to the Senior Director, Compensation and will partner with the broader people team as well as external, cross-functional partners in a leadership capacity.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive corporate compensation programs such as compensation cycle reviews, promotion cycles, pay equity review, etc. Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other teams and functions to address and provide solutions to ever-changing business needs.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, leaders, internal and external partners with emotional intelligence, curiosity and integrity. Own compensation products from start to end with the customer in mind.
- Develop policies and processes that support innovation and growth while upholding compliance and minimizing risk. Memorialize key decisions, methodologies, processes, policies and add to the compensation repository/library for future reference and utilization.
- Guide and manage the work of employees, consultants and vendors related to compensation with strong leadership and empathy skills. Optimize resources (people and money) to meet highest priority items, and manage resources as if they were your own.
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other teams and functions to address and provide solutions to ever-changing business needs.
- In partnership with the Senior Director, Compensation, design and deliver compensation structures and methodologies that will scale for long term durability and global expansion.
- Be a trusted advisor. Partner with senior business leaders to understand their operational issues and opportunities and create automated solutions to scale.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5+ years of compensation experience, preferably supporting technical organizations
- Experience with equity in a public-traded company required along with strong compensation analytics background
- Experience with compensation program design and changement management, including short-term and long-term incentive pay elements
- Strong compensation analytics background
- Strong experience with Workday as an HRIS preferred
- Preferred experience as an analyst or specialist within a compensation operation function/role
- Experience leading programs and strong change management experience
- Extensive knowledge of HR products and services and awareness of HR strategy around talent identification, attraction, engagement and retention
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- An owner mindset, coupled with innovative thinking and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A laser-focus on quality of deliverable for the end-user
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with no trepidation with ambiguity or lack of a playbook
This role will be remote in the USA. This position is a remote role but is NOT eligible to be hired in California.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado:$109,280- $136,600.00
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $115,760.00-144,700.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.