See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Team Lead, Developer Support
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide additional coordination and support for our team of TSEs. The Team Lead will identify major issues, mentor others, coordinate ticket work, and resolve pain points felt by the team. If you’re excited by the opportunity to enhance our focus on excellent customer service as well as a positive employee experience, we want to hear from you! The responsibilities of this position range from creating a plan of action to help your teammates manage daily tasks, to onboarding new members, creating tighter linkages between regional and specialist teams, providing a greater understanding of the team nuances to management, and improving how the group functions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist with ticket queue management, help with triaging of Paid Tickets and P1 tickets, and act as the primary owner of high visibility P1 issues.
- Act as the first point of escalation for Developer TSEs, to answer questions, advise on decisions, and help customers and TSEs as needed.
- Provide guidance on prioritizing and creating efficient workflows to keep up with tasks and workload.
- Perform Quality Assurance Checks to ensure tickets are staying on track.
- Analyze & Identify Team/Customer Pain points by tracking feedback from customers, feedback from TSEs, and patterns in ticket volume.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, IC3 or higher TSE at Twilio.
- Consistently exceeds all KPIs for IC performance (CSAT, SLA, Backlog management).
- Has acted as a Buddy for new hires at least once.
- Has taken ownership of challenges on the team and has worked to provide or build solutions.
- Ideally has participated in interviewing external candidates for the team but not a requirement.
- Previous experience in leadership or team lead roles
This role will be based Remote, USA
Approximately <0%> travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320-135,480.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.