See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Software Engineer - Flex User Management and Identity.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help grow and build our next generation user and identity applications in Twilio Flex.
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex User Management and Identity team as the Technical Lead. Flex is Twilio’s flagship contact center solution and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to meet their needs. The Flex User Management and Identity team develops and owns all of the flows related to who a user is and what they can do within Flex. To support the rapid growth of Flex, we are expanding our team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the technical lead for a high performing engineering team
- Mentor your fellow team members and multiply their efforts
- Design, develop, and maintain software contributing to the overall success of the Flex product
- Practice good engineering habits (development and testing techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile habits, mentorship) within your team
- Work with other engineering teams and with members of the product organization to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- Design and build new systems with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of software development experience in Java or a related OO language
- Experience with building distributed systems, event-based or asynchronous service communication, and microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud providers
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches
- Champion good engineering habits (development and testing techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile habits, mentorship) within your team
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
This role will be based in our Denver, Colorado office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 - $220,100
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.