See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Technical Support Engineer 2, Email (APAC)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our customers’ use of the Twilio platform, and help customers get the best experience from Twilio’s products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s APIs and SDKs.
This role reports to a Manager, Technical Support and will be based in our new Bengaluru office. This position requires working in a shift. The current shift timings are 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM IST, APAC
This position also includes rostering. Rosters will be of a 5 day work week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Mon-Fri, Tue-Sat or Sun-Thu).
In this role, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- BE AN OWNER: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review and contribute to internal knowledge bases and external technical resources to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Deep understanding of Email infrastructure such as Mail User Agent(MUA) Message Transfer Agent (MTA)
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and solve issues with cloud solutions.
- Good understanding of protocols - encryption-based Internet security protocol such as SSL, TLS and Communication protocol SMTP. Bonus: Knowledge on Email protocols POP3 and IMAP and Client- Server protocol such as Tenet would be a HUGE plus.
- Skills in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Basic understanding of Curl command, Webhook.
- Basic SQL knowledge to query data from snowflake
This role will be located in our Bengaluru, India office. No travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.