See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Customer Success Engineer for Segment (a part of Twilio).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We’re looking for a passionate engineer with customer-facing experience, who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our customers. This position is for someone who is technical and experienced in web development, but also wants to stay close to customers at a fast-moving startup.
Daily, you’re likely to interact with multiple languages, web frameworks, APIs, data warehouses, SQL queries, and more. One customer might be combining web data with iOS data, while another sends point of sale purchases through a Go backend to multiple analytics tools and a data warehouse. Every problem is unique, and on a normal day, you might interact with dozens of languages, analytics and marketing tools, and third-party APIs.
The main responsibility of a Customer Success Engineer is to provide answers, share standard methodologies, and solve technical issues that Segment customers are facing. Most customer interactions happen within Zendesk, with a few phone calls, in-person meetings, and Slack chats sprinkled in. Customer Success Engineers also spend time improving documentation, building scalable resources, and finding ways to more effectively, and when possible, proactively resolve customer questions.
You’d be joining a team of hard-working individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other, and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those customers. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help customers utilize Segment’s API across many platforms (web, mobile, server)
- Increase the value generated from the many destinations Segment supports
- Maintain customer promises by keeping tickets updated
- Use feedback to improve customer experience and debugging strategies
- Improve team efficiency by creating internal content and improving public documentation
- Take our support tooling and analysis to the next level by building simulators and visualizations
- Work closely with the product team and partners to improve customer satisfaction
- Become a guide on the codebase and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our Enterprise level customers with paid support plans
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience working with sophisticated clients on a technical product, bonus points if it was enterprise software in a related industry
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and identify patterns in customer experience
- A basic understanding of SQL, query-writing skills is a big asset
- Strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of a complicated technical product
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation, requiring some availability outside of standard business hours
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $67,760 - $93,170.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.