See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Personalized Support Engineer (Night Shift)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Personalised Support Engineers serve as technical resources for Twilio Personalised customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing a white glove world class technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience.
This position requires working in a Night Shift, 10:30 PM - 7:30 AM IST. We work 5 days a week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Tue-Sat, Sun-Thur etc)
In this role, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API and ability to understand and tackle issues with cloud solutions.
- Supporting customers with service level agreements (SLAs) of 3 hours or less, utilizing a ticket system such as Zendesk.
- Skilled in resolving network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- Ability to de-escalate tense/tough customer situations in a live environment.
- Willing to work and support customers in either an EMEA or APAC timezone.
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience.
- Understanding of WebRTC
This role will be located in our Bangalore, IN office. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.