See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Risk Analyst
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to be a thought partner with the product team, solving fraud-related problems and bringing impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, technical systems, and leadership in analytics to enable and scale up analytics programs within the organization. Example responsibilities include:
Work with product managers to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining KPI, designing and building reports, dashboards, and assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with product managers to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining KPI, designing and building reports, dashboards, and assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
- Work closely with the extended fraud operations team to identify current fraud trends, provide insights into fraud issue-priority from aggregated data and dashboards, and generally serve as a data-partner to operations teams.
- Communicate anti-fraud insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing and maintaining metrics, models, datasets, and dashboards.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, working with business partners to convert ambiguous, messy data into tangible and actionable results that influence anti-fraud decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically and initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal guidance in an often ambiguous environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level experience working with SQL and relational data
- Experience with data visualization. Experience with Tableau and Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in building reports, metrics, dashboards, etc. for analytics projects related to data preparation processes such as data extraction, cleansing, mapping, loading and operationalizing workflows in production.
- Experience in telephony, email, messaging, social media, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention and investigation is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto) is a plus
This role will be fully Remote in the US.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $34.78/hr - $47.83/hr
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.