See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager (L4), Message Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build products that offer customers better Insights & Reporting based on their SMS data in the Twilio system.
In this role, you’ll:
- Engage with customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful. Plan for how customers will be impacted by the products you build, and work to enable their success.
- Create detailed product specifications which include business reasons, use cases and which are focussed on addressing customer problems.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently. Ensure that iterative development leads to a successful customer experience.
- Participate in technical discussions with the Engineering teams where your goal is to make sure we deliver a great product. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assist with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization. Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests and sales enablement.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Proven track record of distilling complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative mindset, and ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to participate in technical discussions with engineers and engineering-focused customers, and an appreciation of the realities of building and managing complex software services at scale.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, in a fast-paced company focused on delivering SaaS software.
- 2+ year experience in building data insights products
- BS in computer science (or related field) or 2+ years experience as a software engineer.
This role will be remote, and based on the West Coast, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,072-200,090.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.