See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Full Stack Software Engineer in Consumer Trust!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build the next generation of products and services that enable Twilio to be the industry leader in trusted communications and authentication, ensuring that every interaction is safe and legal. As a senior engineer in the Consumer Trust team, you will own, build and operate fast, highly scalable services for protecting the integrity of our platform without compromising the customer experiences via risk based product restrictions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products used to protect Twilio and its customers, as well save significant revenue loss while contributing to customer engagement and consumer trust.
- Work on full-stack development of platform tools and web services.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools and vendor applications in the cloud.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
- Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Should be able to adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with different teams.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management and solve large scale distributed systems.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A Masters or Bachelors degree is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems that delight customers and the developers working on them
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- Experiences with developing REST APIs using Python or Java or Scala
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and handling servers and systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Data science and predictive analytics technologies
This role will be fully remote in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,824 - $151,008.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.