See yourself at Twilio
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented and engineer to join the Site Reliability Engineering team for Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
You would contribute to the design and implement the technical decisions and develop and empower your team to create solutions to complex problems at the heart of Twilio’s business. That includes designing and implementing high-scale services in Twilio with the proper monitoring, accountability and response to ensure high availability . The person in this role will both develop and assist in all aspects of software development, demonstrating strong leadership and coding skills and the ability to solve complex problems and technical concerns related to reliability . This role also requires the ability to work with teams, business units, mentoring engineers and drive the vision and define the strategy for the next generation of Flex.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be a key contributor of the SRE team, growing and learning along the way.
- Build the next generation of monitoring and dashboarding to provide meaningful insights of the product health
- Identify opportunities of improvement and lead the teams to adopt and implement changes
- Collaborate with your team members, architects, other leads and managers to foster a data driven culture based on metrics and reliability
- Contribute to design a highly scalable product to serve the next generation of engagement platforms
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic services and relevant experience on SRE.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software development and best practices, for RESTful service implementation.
- Technical leader and a mentor to junior members of the team.
- Expert level coding skills with Java.
- Proven track record in building monitoring and observability on highly used production services.
- Experience with distributed systems and hands-on with at least a few of the Big data technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
This role will be based in our Atlanta office, or USA remote
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408.00 - $113,440.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.