See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Customer Success Manager, Japan
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive value, ensure success and retain the business of our most strategic customers in Japan.
Your primary responsibility is to provide an outstanding customer experience for our customers. You will work throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure maximum value from our solution to meet and exceed the customer’s goals and objectives. You will establish and develop customer relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on the defined goals and objectives outlined in their success plan.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a portfolio of 30 - 40 customers and execute on key objectives across the entire portfolio
- Develop strategic relationships with Twilio customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Twilio. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- Work within strategic account teams with Sales and Support to implement Client-focused initiatives crafted to expand Twilio’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Consistent record of successfully developing and handling customer relationships, including C-level relationships within Twilio and the client organization
- Experience managing a portfolio of top-tier, strategic, enterprise accounts.
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- High technical aptitude and strong business acumen
- Clear communicator with strong presentation skills (web, phone and onsite)
- Analytical with ability to interpret customer data and trends, maximising data to build POV for customers and/or internal stakeholders
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product with 4+ years experience in account management of strategic customers
- Proficient, business-level Japanese and English
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Telecom or Cloud Communications is preferred
This role will be based in our Tokyo office. Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.