The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Solutions Engineering team is an important part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit for customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. This is done by owning the technical pre-sales relationship, proposing technical architectures, demonstrating the product, anticipating concerns, and offering creative solutions. This role also involves working with our product teams as well, to be the voice of the customer and help to shape and direct our product roadmaps.
The Solutions Engineer is both technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Only when safe to do so, you would be traveling at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite.
Twilio is looking for a professional who, regardless of their previous roles, has a desire to work in technical pre-sales and lives the Twilio Magic.
As a pre-sales Solutions Engineer, you are not expected to be writing production code but being able to develop proof of concepts and understand questions from a developer audience is a requirement of the role. As such it is important that you have a good understanding of programming principles in order to enjoy and flourish in this role. Here are the key characteristics we are looking for in our candidates
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling technical products or as a software developer working directly with customers.
- Able to build a deep understanding of a customer’s needs and guide them to a technical solution
- A creative problem solver with know how to get things done and collaborates with others to drive success
- An engaging communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Experience in one of the following areas, multiple areas of experience would be advantageous:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecommunications, SIP, or Contact Center is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do. Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- DON'T SETTLE: Continuously learn new products and new technologies. Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems. Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success. Educate and mentor customers, partners, and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio
- BE BOLD: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation. Build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies. Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
In EMEA, we have built a strong business and the region operates with the tenacity and focus of a startup within Twilio. Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to our company’s success in empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
This position will be based in London. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Benefits to working with Twilio!
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big, do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.