Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
It’s time to build! Twilio's CIAO team (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team is looking for an inspired Tech lead to empower Twilions to optimize the cloud infrastructure usage without sacrificing Twilio’s customer’s trust. You will empower teams with tools to provide visibility into their infrastructure spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging, taxonomy and automate discovery and actions for recurring wastage patterns to save millions of dollars across all cloud services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Twilio is looking for a motivated Tech lead who lives the Twilio Magic. As a tech lead you will lead design and implementation phases of services and tooling that enable other engineering teams. Not only will you be responsible for taking on some of the most sophisticated and exciting technical problems in the industry, you will also be sharing your technical expertise with other engineers and leading them through an accelerated learning process.
Tech lead is also responsible for:
- Setting the team’s 1 year tactical goals
- Editor-in-chief of team’s design documents
- Strongly leads by example in “write it down”
- Drives consensus amongst the team, product management and architects
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Act as point of contact for software components
- Works closely with other Tech Leads in the department to ensure cohesion
- 8+ years experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, most important cloud based production systems
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of engineers in an agile environment.
- 5+ years of Experience in Cloud Services (AWS/GCP)
- 3+ Years of Experience in Software/Architecture Optimizations and Efficiency Best Practices
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building mature services, especially for distributed and multi-regional
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate optimally with technical and non technical partners in english
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Passion for new technologies and validated capability in analysis and problem-solving
- Strong troubleshooting and monitoring skills with practical experience in modern tools such as Kibana, Datadog, PagerDuty or related
As a Tech Lead, you will live Twilio Magic Values
- Be An Owner, Ruthlessly Prioritize, Wear the Customer Shoes
- Influence product roadmap,bringing technical insight about customer impact, risks, feasibility and architectural debts
- Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- Drive architecture and build systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth. Every big idea starts small: open up the boundaries and keep raising the bar as solving small problems can bring big results.
- Empower Others:
- Conceive, design, and build infrastructure tooling that helps improve efficiency and reliability.
- Be a technical reference for other members of your team as well as surrounding teams.
- Think of initiatives to raise the bar on our engineering practices
- Write it Down
- Draft technical proposals creating comprehensive business and architectural diagrams, leveraging technical feasibility and cost tradeoffs of solutions
- Reason about maintainability, availability, reliability, scalability and performance of complex distributed systems
- Review proposals of other members of your team as well as other teams of the organization providing technical guidance
- Draw The Owl, Be Bold, Don’t Settle
- Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
Every business with a presence in the cloud needs to have a Cloud Center of Excellence – a team that is tasked with the responsibility of developing a framework for business’s cloud operations. One of the most important roles of the team is governing the infrastructure spend and building out standard methodologies throughout the business to optimize cost.
CIAO (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team at Twilio implements key functions of CCoE by empowering Twilions with tools to provide visibility/governance into their spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging methodology for infrastructure, automation of discovery and actions for recurring wastage patterns and evangelizes standard methodologies to create efficient micro-services in the cloud.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be in Colombia available for remote working. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For more information, see Twilio’s 2023 D&I pledge and plan
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.