Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a US Indirect Tax Manager to be a key contributor in the evaluation, execution, and minimization of indirect tax risk for Twilio globally.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in indirect tax issues and compliance. They also have:
- 6+ years of U.S. indirect tax experience (i.e., sales tax, communication taxes, property taxes)
- Ability to collaborate with the Indirect Tax Team along with other Twilio business partners
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and manage projects, while demonstrating strong written communication skills
- Strong accounting, Excel and data analytics skills
- Experience with sales tax automation systems such as Avalara, Surtax, OneSource, etc.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, Oracle, or other enterprise scale ERP systems
- Knowledge of Alteryx a plus
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting or equivalent experience required.
As a US Indirect Tax Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for preparation of monthly sales/use/telecom tax compliance data to be provided timely to our outsourced compliance partner
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the timely filing of the indirect tax returns and take ownership of the compliance filing process
- Assist with the reconciliation of the monthly indirect tax liabilities and month end closing process
- Ensure indirect tax compliance payments are made timely
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Complete indirect tax accruals, general ledger reclassifications, and miscellaneous manual indirect tax calculations
- Assist with audits and mergers and acquisitions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain the customer exemption certificate process
- Be responsible for the completion of the property tax filings and business tax registrations
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Participate in projects and initiatives that add value to the Twilio ecosystem as Twilio continues to scale for growth
The US Indirect Tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and ensuring that Twilio is compliant with their US indirect tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company and provide value to Twilio through direct participation in new Twilio initiatives.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $99,840 - $137,000
Rest of Colorado: $87,360 - $120,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks