Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is continually evaluating opportunities to extend its platform’s scale and reach, accelerating adoption and revenue growth. Reporting to the Head of Direct Investing / Ventures, the Venture Investing Manager will help source companies for Twilio to invest in, help execute venture investments, and support Twilio’s portfolio companies post-investment.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a consistent record of supporting investment decisions. Additionally, Twilio is looking for:
- 5+ years work experience, preferably at a top-tier VC / investment firm or corporate development / strategy group, with experience evaluating and leading a broad range of strategic investment opportunities
- Deep understanding and demonstrated interest in technology, high level of business judgment, and a highly polished demeanor
- Ability to scope complicated, cross-functional projects and ensure effective execution while continuing to develop the big picture
- Strong analytical, financial, and valuation skills, including extensive financial modeling experience in Excel
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Undergraduate from top-tier program, MBA preferred
- As Venture Investing Manager, you will help execute Twilio's overall venture strategy, while working closely with the product and business leadership team. While the primary focus of the role will be investing and supporting portfolio companies, you may also be involved with other corporate initiatives. You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new investment opportunities from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution.
- BE AN OWNER: Leading or assisting in all aspects of investments including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution. You will interact extensively across many functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Evaluate growth opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- BE BOLD: Work closely with internal partners to identify initiatives and strategies that can enable our customers
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal partners.
The Ventures team is part of the broader Corporate Development team, which is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating and executing M&A, Strategic Partnerships and Investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $109,824.00-$137,280.00
Rest of Colorado: $96,096.00-$120,120.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
$65 per month work-from-home stipend
Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.