Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Who
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a hardworking Commercial Finance analyst to join our Go To Market Finance team and provide support for our US Go to Market organization. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum and regional growth while driving the region’s financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate a recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies. Reporting to the Go to Market Finance Leader, you will have an important impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for a hardworking professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of working within financial analytics. They also have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred. Software / SaaS experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them. You thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Validated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Bachelor’s degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
As a Commercial Finance Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to the design, delivery & development of deal metrics that report on regional trends including pricing, product win/loss insights and customer requests. Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging team to strategize on new pricing, packaging and discounting initiatives. Maintain accurate product cost information and key deal fields needed for margin determination.
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate and remove friction from deal cycle via automation + operational improvements while maintaining financial rigor and key controls
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Proactively facilitate deal reviews, handle user problems and debriefs. Deliver & deepen insights on driving responsible growth while navigating operational constraints & complexity. Drive decision making that aligns with company objectives.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across key partners & functional teams within Twilio and assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting levels. Understand key financial terms & conditions needed to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to realize product mix and regional financial targets.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and the Sales Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $61,888 - $85,096
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $54,152 - $74,459
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks