Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
In Twilio Brand, we believe code is creative. If you feel the same way, you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 2+ years of experience with Python (Django experience is a plus) or other server-side development language such as PHP or Node.js.
- Experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or MySQL.
- Strong understanding of content management best practices, site performance optimization, OOP, design patterns, and DevOps processes.
- Proactively recommend and explain opportunities for improvement or new technologies to drive business objectives. Ability to communicate well out loud, on paper, and in code.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Software Engineer for the Web Experience team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Design and build web pages from the backend data models and services to the front-end user experience.
- DON’T SETTLE: Care about how fast pages load and removing technical debt that slows your team down.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Add your voice as the engineering team drives/grows processes and best-practices.
Twilio is a platform that gives developers super-powers. You'll find developers at every level of the company. As a software engineer on the Brand team at Twilio, you'll work with a small team of people who believe in one developer's creative potential to change the world. And you'll work side by side with designers and producers on projects that help amplify that belief on the biggest stage possible, helping to show, not tell, what's possible with communications tools.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,000 - $137,000
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,000 - $120,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks