Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Lead Payroll Analyst to join United States payroll team. You will work on all aspects of the payroll process and ensure accurate and complete financial information related to payroll areas. You’ll also collaborate with the People Operations, Benefits and Stock Administration teams to ensure ongoing payroll accuracy and compliance. This is a great role for someone excited and passionate about payroll and contributing to the success of the team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated success processing international and shadow payrolls. They also have:
- 10+ years’ payroll experience, an in depth understanding of payroll processes and accounting systems and an active CPP or eligible
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll/labor laws, IRS regulations, garnishments and local employment and labor taxes
- Workday or similar, ADP SmartCompliance, NetSuite and Fidelity 401(k) experience preferred
- Strengths include attention to detail, organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, and complete confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment while still finding opportunities for automation and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Accountable – Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions and taking ownership of situations that you’re involved in
- ServiceNow ticketing system knowledge
As a Lead Payroll Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Process timely and accurate biweekly multi-state payroll for 2,200+ U.S. employees using the Workday payroll platform
- Process supplemental and stock related off-cycle payrolls
- BE AN OWNER: Understand all payroll, tax laws, garnishments and payroll system setup and integrations
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise with People Operations on new hire, termination, and employee changes in the Workday system to ensure payroll accuracy
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Research and resolve employee inquiries in a clear, concise, and timely manner and work with Workday to troubleshoot any problems
- BE BOLD: Identify and facilitate improvements of processes to increase internal efficiencies
- WRITE IT DOWN: Process and ensure accuracy of bi-weekly 401(k) funds transfer to 401(k) provider
- Assist with audits related to financial statements and 401(k)
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Remain current on all recent changes in regulations affecting payroll and notify the team of changes and implications
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840.00 - $124,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360.00 - $109,200.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks