Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to be a key leader in the Company’s SEC filings and earnings processes, as well as lead or assist in technical accounting projects, such as share-based compensation and M&A transactions. Reporting to a Director of Technical Accounting, this position will work cross-functionally with the broader Finance organizations and other internal groups such as Investor Relations, Legal, Equity Operations, Business Development, Sales and Human Resources, as well as collaborate with outside technical advisors and auditors. This role will also be responsible for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for internal controls in its respective areas of responsibility.
Twilio is looking for a person who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering excellent results in a fast-growing company. They also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and active CPA license, 5+ years of work experience, including Big 4 public accounting and technology (software) industry.
- Experience with ownership of end-to-end SEC reporting and earnings cycle, including disclosure and certification processes, project management of deliverables and preparation of financial statements and disclosures. WDesk (Workiva) proficiency is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background, with experience in stock-based compensation (ASC 718), business combinations (ASC 805) and derivatives and hedging (ASC 815).
- Prior experience designing, implementing, documenting and performing Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with meticulous and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, multi-task, deliver high quality results within established timeframes and go above and beyond.
As a SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Draft footnotes and disclosures in SEC filing documents, document technical accounting research results and perform share-based compensation SOX controls.
- DRAW THE OWL: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down technical issues, research and identify applicable accounting guidance, propose solutions and introduce process improvements.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of SEC Reporting and earnings process including project management of reporting calendar, footnote support, draft preparation, disclosure and certifications processes, resolution of review comments from partners and filing.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact with cross-functional teams within Twilio and treat the cross-functional partners as customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Consistently exercise appropriate judgment in analyzing disclosures, accounting issues and in selecting appropriate guidance.
The SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We are responsible for the SEC reporting compliance of the company. We also advise leadership in selection, application and implementation of accounting guidance. We participate in leading, evaluating, analyzing and managing various aspects of significant transactions and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840.00 - $124,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360.00 - $109,200.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks