Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for Distributed Systems in the Integrations Platform Team. Twilio/Segment’s Customer Data Platform processes billions of messages a day, connecting customer data, to the hundreds of partners and analytics services Twilio integrates with. The person in this role will help design, build, and operate our automated QA platform to ensure the end-to-end correctness, performance, and reliability of Twilio’s/Segment message delivery systems.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building robust automated QA systems for large distributed systems. Candidates have:
- 8 years experience as a Software Engineer, Software Engineer/Developer in Test (SEIT/SDET), or QA Engineer
- Experience with testing large-scale distributed systems, from RPC services to distributed stream processing systems.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Java, Node.js, Python, or similar languages.
- A first principles, systematic, problem-solving approach to software verification, coupled with good communications skills, and a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
We’re especially excited about candidates who also have:
- Hands-on experience testing multi-tenant SaaS products.
- Strong cloud infrastructure skills (AWS/GCP/Azure) and familiarity with working in containerized infrastructure including Kubernetes/ECS.
- Experience verifying the correctness of highly concurrent distributed systems.
As an SDET, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Architect and build the next generation of automated, end-to-end testing systems, ensuring correctness and reliability of Twilio/Segment’s data delivery platform
- DRAW THE OWL: Deeply understand system internals and product requirements for our data delivery services.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a champion for software quality within the engineering organization. Share your passion for keeping up to date with the latest advancements in tools, processes, and techniques for delivering automated integrations, systems, acceptance and performance testing.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Strive to improve the developer experience of engineering teams you are working with by improving Segment’s overall confidence and velocity of our production releases.
Twilio/Segment’s Integration Platform team provides the systems and services which reside at the egress of our pipeline, connecting customer data, to the hundreds of partners Twilio/Segment integrates with. Ensuring the quality and reliability of these distributed systems is an interesting and challenging task, as we must make millions of requests per second, to endpoints we do not control, over the public internet.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$146.240 - $201.080
Rest of Colorado:
$127.960 - $175.945
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks