Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an exceptional Manager for the IoT Solutions Engineering team. We are looking for a leader experienced in managing and mentoring a global team of Solutions Engineers to deliver key technical wins. You will be required to take a hands-on approach to help the team with new opportunities. You will work closely with all levels of the Sales leadership team to ensure the continued success of our sales team and our customers.
The ideal candidate lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of operating high impact Solutions Engineering teams and customer-facing technical leadership.
We seek someone with:
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with 4+ years experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing pre-sales technical role.
- 8+ years in a customer-facing technical role.
- Experience mentoring and career coaching Solution Engineers.
- Experience with strategic planning and setting strategies for Technical Sales teams and advising non-Technical Sales teams.
- Experience building cross-functional programs that have impact and reach across teams.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving. Always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- Experience in the technology areas relevant to IoT and/or other Twilio market’s like contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, scaling web and mobile applications.
- An outstanding communicator. Confident at influencing and engaging with a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
As Solutions Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities and growing the Twilio IoT footprint in our existing customer base.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Works across functions to ensure teamwork for shared goals.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Build and roll out programs that facilitate scaling.
- DON’T SETTLE: Attract, develop, and empower a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers, continually educating your team and seeking innovative solutions for improving your team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Technical strategy – determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, and how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- WRITE IT DOWN & BE BOLD: Measure and communicate results – use data to communicate results and make decisions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching and guidance on a day to day basis.
- DON’T SETTLE: Engage with Product, Support, Sales, Operations, Legal, Security, Engineering, and every single other department as necessary to make your customers successful on our platform.
This is a critical role to fuel the success of Twilio’s IoT Business Unit and for our customers through effective program management and thoughtful execution. The IoT Specialist Sales team is critical to Twilio’s continued revenue growth and the IoT Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in enabling them to maximise our opportunity in this rapidly growing market. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding and communication and a close partnership with the Sales team. Solutions Engineering is important to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US with occasional travel (when ideal/permissible). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Base salary range: $160,896.00 - $221,232.00
Rest of Colorado:
Base salary range: $140,784.00- $193,578.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks