Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join the global Flex Support Team, supporting our customers’ use of the platform, and help customers get the best experience from Twilio’s products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a domain specialist for Twilio’s API products.
We seek a developer-oriented Technical Support Engineer with:
- 5+ years of Technical Customer Support experience - prefer
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Bonus skills: Serverless (Lambda) experience & Expertise with both native and mobile applications is a great bonus
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in solving network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- Portuguese speaker is desirable
A regular day in the life of a Flex Technical Support Engineer involves troubleshooting coding and integration issues for our customers to help them get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As a Flex Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- BE AN OWNER: Leverage your experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
- BE BOLD: Assist your manager in process improvements by surfacing customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met
The Customer Support Organization is central to Twilio's continued growth. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.