Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a passionate Software Reliability Engineer who is excited at the opportunity to join a world-class Super Network Platform team based in Colombia to solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The Infrastructure Platform is tasked with scaling the management of the Twilios network by building and maintaining instrumentation, monitoring and configuration APIs and tools.
Twilio has a strong DevOps engineering culture to develop, deploy and operate services that millions of customers use to communicate every day. Twilio is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a demonstrated track record of success to live the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Strong sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration.
- Skills to work independently with multiple global teams, developing, configuring, deploying, and operating the global infrastructure for Twilio Super Network’s Platform.
- Operational experience in complex distributed systems, including experience with SLO/SLAs towards high availability and reliability goals.
- Experience operating large scale systems and media services in production across multiple regions or data centers in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- DevOps experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes.
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Fluent development in Java. Experience developing in Python is a plus.
- Experience with microservice architectures and running on public cloud infrastructure
- Experience building and managing systems with tools including Kubernetes, Chef/Ansible/Puppet, Kafka, Docker, and Terraform.
- Solid understanding on networking protocols and AWS
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE environment.
As a Software Reliability Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER - You will develop, deploy, instrument, automate, and operate Super Network’s worldwide services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in our AWS environment.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft best practices as runbooks and standard operating procedures to share knowledge goodness across teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we haven’t even thought of! You’ll need to recognize gaps in systems, services and processes to achieve ultimate success.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - You have the desire to collaborate across teams on best practices to build, test and operate services at scale.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Apply Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to the customers.
Twilio's Super Network Platform team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by providing the tools ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require, and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at Bogotá (Remote). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.