See Yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to create usable, maintainable, and scalable Web Applications. This person will own a significant part of the Flex front-end development, bringing solutions to customers requiring real time connectivity to Twilio’s vast communication offerings. They will work with a group of talented front-end engineers towards architecting and delivering the next generation web-based User Interface.
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions for the creation of the world’s premier programmable call centre application.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with the team to deliver fabulous end user experience. Lead the implementation of these experiences with your deep web development experience.
- Lead and encourage standardization of standard methodologies in front end code
- Ensure broad adoption of the best principles through collaboration and active listening.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency.
- Define a strategic vision for the Flex UI that brings together a broad base of teams and delivery methodologies
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building complex frontend applications. They also have:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic, data-driven, world-class web applications.
- Proven ability to architect and deliver highly interactive, engaging applications that are usable, performant, and scalable.
- Experience with end-to-end testing solutions (e.g. Cypress.io).
- Experience delivering web applications in a distributed team environment.
- Backend technologies experience is a huge plus - Java, Python or similar.
- Experience with databases and AWS preferred
- Significant experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques, client-side bundling with WebPack, and deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
This role will be based in our London office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.