Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Principal Enterprise Architect to join our EMEA Pre-Sales Solutions Engineering team. As a deep subject matter expert in Enterprise Architectures, the Principal Enterprise Architect plays a critical role on the Sales Team by helping our customers and prospects design enterprise solutions that will achieve both their current and future business objectives.
This role is highly cross functional requiring strong partnership with Product, Carrier Relations, Security, and Engineering. The Principal Enterprise Architect influences product direction and Go-To-Market execution based on what they see and hear in their engagements as Trusted Advisors with our customers and prospects.
Only when safe to do so, this person will be expected to travel at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Enterprise Architect with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 15+ years' of experience in Enterprise Architecture design and planning
- Ability to design enterprise architectures that deliver the expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements
- Experience using Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) to identify the relationships between business services, information systems, and applications.
- Comfortable working in highly complex environments with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Persistent and tenacious approach to solving customer problems with an entrepreneurial mindset to define process and build programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining Cloud applications on popular platforms e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Certification in TOGAF and / or Zachman
- Previous experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms is a plus.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent years’ of experience
Twilio Enterprise Architects get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Advocate on behalf of customers for products and solutions that help them innovate and differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions and never stop learning new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio account teams to ensure that the solutions they propose will set our customers up for long term success
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Our enterprise customers need subject matter experts that empower them to design solutions that future proof their business. To ensure our customers are set up for success, we are building a team of Enterprise Architects whose primary objective is to empower our customers to build resilient solutions that meet both their business needs and their enterprise standards.
Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in London. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.