Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. As a Twilio Solutions Engineer you are a critical part of the sales team through delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. You propose technical architectures, demonstrate the product, anticipate concerns, and offer creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- Fluent in English, Arabic or Hebrew language skills are a plus.
- Hands-on, passionate and creative problem solver with the drive to get things done
- Ability to understand the customer’s needs and guide them to a technical solution through excellent communication and presentations skills
- Previous software development experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Know how in the following areas are a plus, too: cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure), cloud application architecture or IP Telephony, Unified Communications, Contact Center.
Twilio Solutions Engineers live our values every day:
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do. Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- NO SHENANIGANS: Always act in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems. Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- BE INCLUSIVE: To achieve our goals, we need a diverse set of voices in the room. We build diverse teams, and seek out unique points of view.
In EMEA, we have built a strong business and the region operates with tenacity and focus. Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to our company’s success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.