Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s IoT team is growing rapidly and we’re seeking a Staff Product Manager to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of new services and features. The group has an ambitious mission: to make the physical world programmable, beginning with cellular IoT offerings such as our Super SIM product. Working with our sales, marketing, and engineering teams, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growing needs for our IoT and Wireless customers.
We are seeking a Staff Product Manager with a passion for building world class IoT experiences. One with a need to understand and build empathy with Twilio’s extensive base of developers, customers and diverse personas as they build, debug and operate their Twilio applications. You are driven by building phenomenal products that make other people successful and you understand the challenges faced by device builders.
Twilio is looking for an ideal candidate with the following:
- 5+ years of product management at a technology company
- A passion for software, hardware and development
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and leading through influence, not necessarily through authority
- Excellent written communication skills for a variety audiences with a wide range of skill levels and technical backgrounds
- Experience shipping products in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- A belief in the power of platforms. You are motivated by making other people successful
- Be responsible for defining and executing on Twilio’s Developer Experience Troubleshooting initiatives
- Perform primary and secondary user research to understand developer behavior as they build, debug and operate their Twilio applications
- Understand the requirements of our various product teams and _their_ customers, ensuring our developer platform supports their needs
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the software development industry and the evolving needs of our increasingly diverse customer base, feed these requirements back into the platform and product teams to guide our roadmaps
IoT is a key emerging business at Twilio -- important not only as a growth area for the company, but because we’re working to build a better tomorrow.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.