Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that a reliable and secure communication platform should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our growing customer-base ranges from individual developers to enterprises organizations who collectively utilize our communications platform to interact with millions of consumers daily.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Manager who will help us build and lead a new Consumer Trust Technical Support team. This team will respond rapidly to fraud, abuse, and compliance issues reported by our customers. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about providing an extraordinary customer experience, while maintaining the highest standards around security and compliance. This role joins the Technical Support Team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Support.
We are looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leadership and consistently strong performance. They also have:
- 5+ years in a customer-facing technical support or related management role in a rapidly scaling SaaS, ecommerce or security technology company.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Solid analytical skills – Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data, and comfortable with tools/processes needed for analytical decision-making.
- Demonstrated Results - Must have experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established performance metrics.
- Technical skills – High comfort level with and exposure to SaaS or communications technology. Prior technical support engineering experience a plus.
- Situational Awareness - Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, customers, and executives. Must be able to remain cool under pressure.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support multi-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As a Senior Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner cross-functionally to quickly investigate and resolve customer issues. Hands-on involvement resolving escalations via email, phone and chat, handling complex customer inquiries.
- BE AN OWNER: Evaluate and improve operating procedures, tools and workflows.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Set challenging team and individual goals, manage to key success metrics like customer satisfaction and response time SLAs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class customer service experiences, processes and policies. Maintain a mentality of continuous improvement.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between customer experience and risk mitigation objectives.
This role is central to the delivering on Support’s mission to provide an unparalleled experience answering customers’ questions, resolving customer issues, and empowering customers to build amazing applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower, however if you want you can also work from your home in Singapore. Around the world, Twilio offers phenomenal benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of th
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.