Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented Commercial Finance Manager to join our Go To Market Finance team and provide support for our EMEA Go to Market organization. This role gives you a platform to be a leader and provide commercial momentum and regional growth whilst helping drive the region’s financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Manager - EMEA, your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies.Additionally, you will map and optimize processes to enable us to run a world-class commercial finance practice. Reporting to the EMEA Go to Market Finance Leader, you will have an important impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for a talented professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working within financial analytics. They also have:
- Bachelor’s degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience in consulting, FP&A, deal desk and/or pricing background preferred
- 1+ years of management experience, with a demonstrated strong ability to lead diverse & inclusive teams effectively
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics
- Comfortable operating in a fast-pace and changing environment
- Strong prioritization, executive presence and ability to influence skills
As a Commercial Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to the design, delivery & development of pricing, volume discounts and other Commercial initiatives that enable Sales to win in the region, helping drive Twilio’s fast paced growth. Ensure and maintain accurate product cost information and key deal fields needed for margin determination.
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate and remove friction from deal cycle via automation + process improvements while maintaining financial rigor and key controls
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations and debriefs. Deliver & deepen insights on driving responsible growth while navigating operational constraints & complexity. Drive decision making that aligns with company objectives.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a diverse & inclusive team with high engagement. Interact extensively across key stakeholders & functional teams within Twilio and assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting levels. Understand key financial terms & conditions needed to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to realize product mix and regional financial targets.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and helps guide company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position’s preferred location will be in our beautiful, new and expanding offices in London or Paris. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.