Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications.
We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. The Flex contact center product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is looking for a VP of Engineering (for our Flex product) who lives the Twilio Magic. This executive will be responsible for establishing Flex’s first India presence and run all aspects of building and leading Twilio’s Flex software engineering teams there. This leader will have the demonstrated the ability to:
- Partner with the senior executive team to build and scale the India engineering team for Flex while continuously innovating and delivery product improvements
- Grow and lead a world class engineering team in India (Bengaluru)
- Build a team from the ground up while using your extensive network as a Twilio ambassador in India. You’re a builder at heart and excited to grow the team to scale for a fast growing, flagship product.
- Be the Flex site leader and a critical part of Twilio’s senior engineering team while partnering closely with other Flex senior leaders
- Organize and coordinate engineering processes and cross-team engineering efforts between the Flex team and the rest of the company
- Coach teams daily to operate optimally in a multi team environment. Lead through direct reports to drive the teams to set and complete key objectives.
- Guide teams through tech choices in order to deliver resilient, highly-available and scalable services
- You have 15+ years of hands on engineering management experience, preferably with a B2B high-growth product or platform in an agile, cloud, continuous delivery environment; experience with contact center, CRM, unified communication / collaboration or productivity are a plus
- Experience managing and growing teams of 250+
- You’ve built new teams for the ground up and acted as an office site leader
- Proven track record of balancing long-term critical thinking with tactical execution of multiple development plans
- High-growth technology company experience, ideally in a platform company that has scaled to hundreds of millions of users
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Ability to think critically and objectively; excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Thorough, great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication and social skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Consistent record of meeting business targets
- Experience in building and launching sophisticated platforms at scale
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet customer needs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. Communication is at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications in the world.
This position will be based out of our RMZ World office along Outer Ring Road in Bengaluru. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.