Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and looking for a Software Engineer in the Flex Business Unit. You will work with product managers, architects and other engineering leaders to design and build the next generation multi-channel asynchronous messaging platform for Flex. You will have the opportunity to own, operate and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment, employing agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a proven track record of designing and implementing high scalable software services. They will have:
- 5+ years experience in designing, building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based production systems.
- Strong experience with Java.
- Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures.
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Experience with event or time based streaming technologies.
- Experience owning and operating services end-to-end, from debugging and testing to release management and monitoring.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Good understanding and hands on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, and improve our product offering.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build features without having all the answers; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with other engineering teams and with members of the product organization to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment. Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust!
- BE AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can adapt quickly and ship to production multiple times in a 2-week sprint.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $120,120
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks