Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Software Engineer(L2) to help us build and operate the next generation of enterprise-grade identity services that power security, identity and access management for all of Twilio’s products. You get excited by the idea of having end-to-end ownership of services that process billions of requests per day. You enjoy iteratively delivering value to customers and you know that to take services to scale, requires developing a complex distributed platform from the ground up and are concerned with availability, throughput and latency. If you are a great problem solver who is super hungry to learn better ways of doing things and has a customer first mindset, we want to talk with you.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with asynchronous and multi-threaded concepts and languages.
- Experience with technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Memcached.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs.
- Knows that the code you ship is only as dependable and predictable as the tests you write.
- Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Loves to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM.
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Sweat details and think long term in building and operating, high-scale cloud based systems and services.
- DRAW THE OWL: Solve ambiguous and complex IAM challenges spanning several quarters of execution and requiring collaboration with cross functional teams.
- EMPOWER OTHERS and WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to help define, break down and prioritize work in partnership with the team. Be a point of contact for technical systems your team owns.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Advocate consistent practices for development, testing, operating and improving services.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $94,500 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408 - $109,186
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks