Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on the design and implementation phases of cloud-based distributed systems built to seamlessly scale to several million transactions per day..
As a Software Engineer (L3) in the Account Security team, you will work on the design and implementation phases of cloud-based distributed systems built to seamlessly scale to several million transactions per day. Not only will you be responsible for tackling some of the most sophisticated and exciting technical problems in the industry, you will also be sharing your technical expertise with other engineers and leading them through an accelerated learning process.
You are intrigued by the intersection of the cloud, telecommunications and security spaces, how to harness the power of Data to enable millions of consumers to prevent fraud and securely sign up and sign in every day using the services from the global brands they trust. You enjoy the challenge of owning a critical service and engineering it to work optimally in any circumstance.
You are also passionate about collaborating with multiple R&D and product teams, crafting the tools to provide an environment that should sustain microservices and APIs that developers around the world will use to deliver new applications. You have strong communication skills, and a belief that team output is more important than individual output.
- 5+ of years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems in Java, Go or Python.
- 5+ years of experience working with modern agile product development teams of engineers, product managers and designers.
- 5+ years of Experience with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- 2+ years of Experience dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA , ActiveMQ, etc and a in depth understanding of their use cases and pitfalls
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Cloud Native Patterns, distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment.
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and in practices and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production.
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders in english
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving.
- Strong troubleshooting and monitoring skills with practical experience in modern tools such as Kibana, Datadog, PagerDuty or related.
- Experience with our stack
- Track record as a full-stack engineer
- Experience with AWS related technologies
- Background in telecommunications domain
- Background in security domain
- BE AN OWNER: Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Conceive, design, and build infrastructure tooling that improves reliability across the entire product surface area, dealing with massive distributed scale
- NO SHENANIGANS: You always act in an honest, direct and transparent way and uphold our values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You proactively identify risks and advocate for engineering process, tooling, or work streams that reduce that risk in a customer centric way
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work in a fast paced environment. It is key for you to understand, document and define risks that drive and enhance the organization's ability to prioritize while advising the business of these priorities.
- BE BOLD: Drive architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth. Every big idea starts small: open up the boundaries and keep raising the bar as solving small problems can bring big results. Never settle and keep pushing yourself and the teams forward.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Coach, mentor and inspire engineering teams by building and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment where all voices can be heard.
- DRAW THE OWL: Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- DON’T SETTLE: Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
Our developers build the leading Twilio Verify service used by millions of customers around the world. Every day we push the boundaries of web-scale service delivery, operating with utmost reliability the API services that secure the online presence of the biggest brands. We are passionate about crafting simple APIs that developers will love.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to work on the next generation of Twilio multi factor authentication and identity verification services with a team of forward-thinking and supportive professionals who will care about helping you on a successful career path.Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bangalore, India office. You will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.