Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Developer Experience team sits squarely at the intersection of software engineering and product design. A phenomenal developer experience will minimize the “time to magic” as a junior developer learns about Twilio for the first time. And that same experience also empowers teams at the largest companies in the world to confidently deploy extensive web-scale applications.
The Developer Experience team’s job is to ensure Twilio’s dozens of developer products (and growing!) have a consistent, modern, and compelling developer experience. We define the Twilio standards for building great developer products, educate our product teams, and build mechanisms to keep the bar high across the company. This role will lead the work of a cross functional team (think user research, data analytics, technical writing, developer advocacy, etc) to make data driven decisions, influence roadmaps, and evangelize for developer experience across Twilio. Your days may include prototyping a new Twilio product, writing a new API standard, performing user research, tweaking some documentation, Slacking with developers across the world, and finally catching up on /r/programming (seriously).
We are seeking a Staff Product Manager with a passion for building world class developer experiences. One with a need to understand and build empathy with Twilio’s extensive base of developers, customers and diverse personas as they build, debug and operate their Twilio applications. You are driven by building phenomenal products that make other people successful and have a love for computer programming.
Twilio is looking for an ideal candidate with the following:
- 5+ years of product management at a technology company
- A passion for software and programming, ideally having worked as a developer yourself and supported services in production.
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase.
- Experience of working on and using debugging, observability, monitoring and other developer tools in the Troubleshooting space a plus.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and leading through influence, not necessarily through authority
- Excellent written communication skills for a variety audiences with a wide range of skill levels and technical backgrounds
- Experience shipping products in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- A belief in the power of platforms. You are motivated by making other people successful
- Be responsible for defining and executing on Twilio’s Developer Experience Troubleshooting initiatives
- Perform primary and secondary user research to understand developer behavior as they build, debug and operate their Twilio applications
- Understand the requirements of our various product teams and _their_ customers, ensuring our developer platform supports their needs
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the software development industry and the evolving needs of our increasingly diverse customer base, feed these requirements back into the platform and product teams to guide our roadmaps
Ten years ago, Twilio defined the modern cloud developer experience with our easy to use REST APIs and fantastic documentation. And as technology continues to change, we too continue to evolve our platform to empower the next generation of the world’s developers. Our customers range from students at their first-ever hackathon to two women in a garage working on the next billion dollar startup to development teams at the largest global enterprises. Our mission is to empower each and every developer on Twilio to be successful learning, building, debugging, and scaling their Twilio applications. With millions of developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have impact on a massive scale!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks