Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager for the ERP Enablement team. This key management position will own delivering a world-class application/systems experience for our fast scaling agile organisations. The main responsibility of this role is to lead an ERP team in implementation and ongoing operations of an enterprise-level ERP system. This role will collaborate with departments and business units to understand organisational process and workflow needs, and deliver solutions to fulfil those needs. As the manager of the ERP Enablement team, this person will be critical in guiding the department and partnering with multiple cross-functional groups to establish and execute an application/systems roadmap. You will lead in all aspects of ERP Enablement - strategy formation, developing business cases, application maintenance and support and application integrations. This role is expected to contribute in transforming the company's financial systems over the next 2+ years by improving the accounting systems efficiency and supporting the company’s growth.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering complex IT solutions. They also have:
- 8+ years of experience in Finance (or a combination of Finance & IT) with at least 3 years experience in an ERP system leadership role ideally at a usage-based tech company.
- 5+ years of management experience with coaching, mentoring and building and managing high-functioning global teams.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience in Oracle ERP software, in a large, international business with geographical complexity including multi-currency and multi-organization.
- ability to cultivate strong working relationships with business partners to understand business processes, process flows, business needs and analyze problems, and identify viable solutions.
- Proficiency in performing rigorous system analysis, design and administration of Financial systems.
- Experience with the following systems is a plus; Oracle ERP, Zoura, Coupa, Expensify, Anaplan, ServiceNow, Workday, Salesforce.com, OKTA, GSuite, Looker.
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with departments such as Accounting, Procurement, Treasury, etc.
- Experience with SOX audit controls and maintaining compliant systems.
- Experience managing internal business stakeholders, IT resources, and third party software providers.
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT Software development lifecycle including ideation, planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support, and ultimate transition to operational teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, IT or related field with advanced degree preferred.
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred and a solid grasp of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
As the Manager of the ERP Enablement team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrated experience documenting clear requirements, timelines,partners, processes, analyses, schedules, roles & responsibilities. You are rigorous in documenting complex ideas, complicated schedules, and documentation and are equally adept at creating executive-facing documents that concisely and clearly summarize the key points. You are comfortable communicating using word processing tools, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Must be able to demonstrate strong prioritization skills within tasks like systems strategy definition and leading cost/benefit, fit/gap and pro/con analyses. You know how to make the right trade-offs when there are no great options. You help others maintain focus on what is the most important.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You own the process of driving the organization to a new ERP system using strong leadership skills including managing direct & indirect resources, communicating to & influencing senior leaders and communicating with partners across the organization. This is a large undertaking and you will need grit, determination, and fortitude.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be a specialist at influencing across all levels of the organization and directing the work of teams. You will need to empower others and hold them accountable while ensuring the team completes their contributions to the project
- NO SHENANIGANS: Communicate clearly, be honest and straightforward, act with integrity. You say what needs to be said even if it’s not popular, but can say it with tact.
The Tech Services team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to support company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing business systems investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in the Dublin office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.