Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager for our Identity Platform Team in Dublin, Ireland. You will manage and grow an engineering team focused on delivering mission critical distributed systems, focused on Identity and Access Management (IAM). You will play a key role in building and defining team culture and strategy for our global IAM organization.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has demonstrated success as a Software Engineering Manager:
- You are a leader who can influence the technical direction of a team, but you understand that your primary mission is growing a rock solid engineering team.
- You grow and lead talented engineers with diverse technical backgrounds.
- You know your team's operational metrics and know how to keep them delivering high quality, resilient, services and products in a cloud environment.
- You use agile methodologies and believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, and helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You are deeply committed to helping customers be successful.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with owning and operating high-scale, high-availability cloud systems
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with JWTs
As a Software Engineering Manager you will live live the Twilio Magic:
- BE AN OWNER: You will own the success of your team, from operations to people and processes.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will value and promote honesty and transparency on your team and throughout the organization.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will recognize opportunities to innovate where there is no instruction book to guide you.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You recognize that your team's success is your success and a large part of what you do is empower them to build great things.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office in Dublin, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office in Ireland.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.