Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a PHP Developer for Technical Content who will enable developers to teach others how to get started and build with Twilio! You'll primarily execute this work assisting developers online by helping them to edit and publish high quality tutorials.
We're looking for a PHP developer who understands how to help other developers explain complicated programming topics in ways readers can easily understand.
Requirements for this job include:
- You are a developer. You can empathize with the joy of "It worked!", the frustration of, "why's it doing that?" and the hard work of debugging to get code working the right way.
- You love to write clean code and use it to tell a clear narrative to readers.
- You enjoy consistent work each day rather than in sporadic fire-drill mode.
- You have the self-motivation to proactively work with programmers that are writing tutorials with APIs, rather than responding reactively to inbound tasks.
- Fluency in both German and English is a prerequisite
As a PHP Developer for Technical Content, you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with developers who do not work for Twilio to enable them to publish code-first tutorials on the Twilio website.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the metrics for developer adoption of our API products and chart our course for making developers even more successful.
- BE BOLD: Write your own code tutorials and publish them on the Twilio website to keep your own programming skills sharp.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Make developers from our community who are building applications with Twilio are the heroes of their companies.
The Developer Voices' team executes on a mission to prompt and rally developers to build the future of communications. We have published hundreds of programming tutorials by programmers and worked to have their polished content read by millions of developers worldwide.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based in Munich or Berlin. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.