Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio blog has been experiencing exponential growth for the past two years, prompting hundreds of thousands of developers around the world to build with Twilio every month. To strengthen our support of developer education globally, particularly those located in Germany, Twilio is seeking a Software Developer for Technical Content who will contribute to the technical education of every developer who visits twilio.com/blog by creating high-quality tutorials, in German.
Twilio is looking for a developer who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience explaining complicated programming topics in ways readers can easily understand.
This developer also:
- Has 3+ years experience in software engineering, web development, or any related variation of programming experience.
- Is fluent in German (written and orally).
- Can empathize with the joy of "It worked!" and the frustration of "why's it doing that?"
- Loves to write clean code and uses it to clearly and concisely tell a great narrative to readers.
- Enjoys working consistently each day rather than sporadically in fire-drill mode.
- Has the self-motivation to proactively work with programmers that are writing tutorials rather than responding reactively to inbound tasks.
The content produced on the Twilio blog is read by hundreds of thousands of developers every month. This achievement inherits responsibility; requiring great attention to detail for the content we produce or publish on the behalf of others.
As a Developer of Technical Content, this roles’ sole purpose is to publish technical content into German and live the Twilio Magic values:
- Empower others: Collaborate with developers who do not work for Twilio to enable them to publish code-first, programming tutorials on the Twilio blog.
- Be inclusive: Translate existing high quality technical content into German
- Write it down: Write your own code tutorials and publish them on the Twilio website to keep your own programming skills sharp.
- Wear the customer's shoes: Make developers from our community the heroes of their own companies.
The Developer Voices' team executes on a mission to prompt and rally developers to build the future of communications. We have published hundreds of programming tutorials by programmers and worked to have their polished content read by millions of developers worldwide.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based in Berlin or Munich. Everyone on the Developer Voices team is remote and we interact synchronously and asynchronously online. We also gather together in-person once per quarter to ensure everyone on the team has a chance to build a great working relationship with their remote colleagues.
Twilio is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.