Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Lead in the Flex Business Unit. As a technical lead, you will lead our developers in the design and implementation phases of cloud-based distributed systems to build the next generation multi-channel asynchronous messaging platform for Flex.. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform. Not only will you be responsible for tackling some of the most complex and exciting technical problems in the industry, you will also be working across the product scope based on priority need and work directly with others to provide advice and guidance on implementation approach, lead cross-team technical discussions, build relationships across architecture and engineering that help resolve bottlenecks and provide the best production solution.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record designing and implementing high scalable software services. They also have:
- 7+ years experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based production systems .
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building mature services, especially for distributed and multi-regional.
- Java expert with Deep familiarity with best coding standards and proven record of high quality coding skills.
- Excellent abilities in high level service design -- modeling interfaces and internals in a properly modular, composable, and extensible ways.
- Good working knowledge with cloud service providers and highly distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation
- Deep understanding and hands on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Technical Lead (L5) you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, and improve our product offering
- DRAW THE OWL: Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- BE BOLD: Drive architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth. Every big idea starts small: push the envelope and keep raising the bar as solving small problems can bring big results. Never settle and keep pushing yourself and the teams forward.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment. Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
- BE AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.